Bassam Abdul-Baki's Homepage
ﺑﺴﺎﻡ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﺑﺎﻗﻲ
Last updated on November 21, 2014.
George Mason University (GMU)
Master of Science in Technology Management, 2008.
University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
Master of Science in Applied Mathematics, 1995.
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, 1993.
Address: Woodbridge, VA, USA
Employer: Tetra Tech AMT
- Let it be. - GOD
- To sin by silence, when they should protest, makes cowards out of men. - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln
- The world holds two classes of men: intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence. - Abu'l Aala' Al-Maarri
- If poverty were a man, I would kill him. - Imam Ali Bin Abi-Talib
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein
- He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him, the spinal cord would fully suffice.
This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless
brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable an
ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my
conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder. - Albert Einstein
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
- Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons. - Bertrand Russell
- The trouble with the profit system has always been that it was highly unprofitable to most people. - E. B. White
- Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it. - George Bernard Shaw
- Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was
oftentimes filled with your tears. And how else can it be? The deeper that sorrow carves into
your being, the more joy you can contain. - On Joy and Sorrow, The Prophet, by Gibran Khalil
- Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic
fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it
narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with
hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry.
Rather the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their
rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am
Caesar. - "Julius Caesar"
- Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable. - U.S. President John F. Kennedy
- If only one person knows the truth, it is still the truth. - Mahatma Gandhi
- A nation ... is just a society for hating foreigners. - Olaf Stapledon
- A problem worthy of attack, proves its worth by fighting back. - Piet Hein
- Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. - Samuel Johnson
- Black holes are where God divided by zero. - Steven Wright
- Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - U.S. President Thomas Jefferson
- Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive. - Sir Walter Scott
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. - Anonymous
- People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them. - Anonymous
- Veni, vidi, vici. - Julius Caesar
- Cogito, ergo sum. - Rene Descarte
- What I Think
- Two wrongs don't make a right, but the first one alone made it wrong.
- Always look behind while thinking ahead.
- You can lead a horse to Vista, but it won't get in stall.
- Religion is assurance in numbers.
- Science ends the con in your conscience.
- There are II kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who understand Roman numerals.
- Vidi, vici, veni.
If you have any comments or suggestions, e-mail me at